In this blog, we will tell you more about the digital marketing syllabus that you would want to know in case you decide to learn digital marketing and understand more about it.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing refers to the practice of promoting products or services using digital channels, such as search engines, social media platforms, email, mobile apps, and websites. It involves various techniques and strategies to attract, engage, and convert customers online.
Digital marketing is different from traditional marketing in that it leverages digital channels and technology to reach a wider audience and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns in real time. It allows businesses to target specific demographics, track customer behaviour and preferences, and optimize marketing efforts based on data insights.
Some of the common digital marketing techniques include search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, social media marketing, email marketing, content marketing, affiliate marketing, and mobile marketing. By using these techniques, businesses can build brand awareness, drive website traffic, generate leads, and increase sales and revenue.
Digital marketing is becoming increasingly important for businesses of all sizes and industries as more people are using digital channels to research and purchase products and services. As such, digital marketing skills are highly in demand, and many businesses are investing in digital marketing to stay competitive in today’s market.
Why Should You Opt For a Digital Marketing Career in Delhi?
Or so you may ask. Well, our answer to that is, why shouldn’t you? The benefits are endless and the skills you learn will be with you forever. It is a great opportunity with most of the jobs paying well. Still don’t believe it? Here are some of the benefits of digital marketing jobs in Delhi.
Unlike traditional marketing methods, digital marketing is cost-effective. It saves a lot of the resources of the company by making sure that the right people are targeted depending on the product or service being sold.
It is the way to go for any business that has been recently launched or any startup that wants to grab the attention of the people. Many times, digital marketing enables small businesses to compete with big businesses at a very low expense compared to the high-end marketing done by big companies.
2. Engagement of the People
Engagement. One could argue that it is what can make or break a company. Without engagement, no one acknowledges your business. If no one acknowledges your business, then you don’t get customers. Pretty simple to understand, isn’t it? However, many people fail to understand its importance, leading to a failing marketing campaign.
If people are targeted effectively, that is, if people who have a need for the product or service are shown the ad, then there will be engagement. Once there is engagement and people like what they see, there will be more publicity through word of mouth.
Did you know that you can make people under a specific demographic view your ad? Depending on your product or service, you can make sure that the ad reaches the audience accordingly.
Even if you are not sure what type of people you are targeting, you can always extract the data that is made available by them online and accordingly set targets.
4. Reach and Visibility
As we have discussed above, digital marketing is done through websites and social media. These platforms have a global reach and hence people all over the world can view your advertisement. If you operate your business on an international level, then digital marketing is the best option you have to make sure your product or service can reach the targeted audience.
5. Easy to start
Digital Marketing is easy for today’s generation to understand. This is because we are all working on our phones and have knowledge about social media platforms, even if we don’t use them. This is what makes these jobs more attractive. Even if you stop working as an employee, you can always use these skills for yourself, if you decide to start your own business.
Digital Marketing Course includes:
Introduction to Digital Marketing Syllabus:
- Types of Digital Marketing
- Trends & Scenarios of the Digital Marketing Industry
- Importance of digital marketing
- How to conduct a competitive analysis?
Search Engine Optimisation Syllabus
- What is SEO?
- On-page Optimization
- History & Growth of SEO
- Off-page Optimization
- Google Adwords
Social Media Marketing Syllabus
- Definition of Social Media Marketing & Social Media
- Social Networking
- Use of Different Social Media Platforms
- Video Creation & Sharing
- Content Creation
Search Engine Marketing Syllabus
- Introduction to SEM
- Google Adwords
- Site Targeting
- CPC, CPA & CPM-based Accounts
- Campaign Creation
- Ad Creation, Approval & Extensions
- Keyword Targeting
- Demographic Targeting/ Bidding
Email Marketing Syllabus
- Importance of Email Marketing
- Creating & Tracking Emailers
- Create Forms
- Email-Marketing Platforms
- Open Rates & CTR of Emailers
- Create Opt-in Lists
Content Strategy Syllabus
- CTC via Content
- Guest Blogging
- Article Marketing
- Content Marketing Tools
Web Analytics Syllabus
- Introduction to Web Analytics
- Campaign Tagging & Reporting
- Using Google Adwords Data
- Introduction to Audience Reports, Traffic & Content Report
- Real-time Data
Affiliate Marketing Syllabus
- Introduction to affiliate marketing
- Affiliate marketing networks
- Finding affiliate programs
- Affiliate marketing strategies
- Promoting affiliate products
- Measuring affiliate marketing success
E-Commerce Management Syllabus
- Introduction to e-commerce
- Management of e-commerce Store
- E-Commerce Marketing
- Product Keyword Research
- Uploading Products to the Website
- Ensuring a Positive Customer Experience
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Selling, Packaging & Shipping
Planning and Creating a Website Syllabus
- Introduction to website planning and creation
- Understanding the basics of web design
- Planning a website – purpose, audience, and goals
- Creating a website structure and navigation
- Designing website wireframes and mockups
- Choosing website color schemes and typography
- Developing website content and optimizing for search engines
- Creating website layouts and templates using HTML and CSS
- Testing and launching a website
- Website maintenance and updates
Institutes and the courses they offer:
IIDE’s 11-month MBA-Level Post Graduation in Digital Marketing Program is one of the highly-rated MBA in Digital Marketing programs in Delhi.
Established in 2016, IIDE has become a leading digital marketing institute in India. Awarded as the best digital marketing institute by World Education Congress, IIDE offers flexible digital marketing courses to people from all walks of life.
Their program might not be recognized as a traditional MBA but the curriculum and industry-level practical training of the PG Program has much more to offer than a regular one.
IIDE is now opening its new campus in South Extension, Delhi. Get in touch with the counsellors to know about their offline digital marketing courses. I mean, what more could you look for?!
2. Digital Vidya:
Digital Vidya is one of the most popular digital marketing institutes in Delhi. Their digital marketing course for beginners covers a wide range of topics, including SEO, PPC, social media marketing, email marketing, content marketing, and more. The course is conducted online, and students can learn at their own pace. Digital Vidya offers a range of certifications upon completion of the course.
NIIT is a well-known IT training institute in Delhi. Their digital marketing course for beginners covers various digital marketing concepts such as SEO, SEM, social media marketing, email marketing, and more. The course is conducted both online and in a classroom setting, and they provide certification upon completion of the course.
EduPristine is a digital marketing institute in Delhi that offers a beginner’s digital marketing course. The course covers various digital marketing concepts such as SEO, SEM, social media marketing, email marketing, and more. The course is conducted both online and in a classroom setting, and EduPristine provides certification upon completion of the course.
5. Manipal ProLearn:
Manipal ProLearn is a leading education provider in India that offers a digital marketing certification course for beginners. The course covers various digital marketing concepts such as SEO, SEM, social media marketing, email marketing, and more. The course is conducted both online and in a classroom setting, and Manipal ProLearn provides certification upon completion of the course.
Digital Marketing Referral Material
- “Digital Marketing for Dummies” by Ryan Deiss and Russ Henneberry
- “Contagious: Why Things Catch On” by Jonah Berger
- “Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content” by Ann Handley
- “The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly” by David Meerman Scott
- “Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype” by Jay Baer
- “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion” by Robert Cialdini
- “Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less” by Joe Pulizzi
- “The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization” by Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer, Jessie Stricchiola, and Rand Fishkin
- “The Conversion Code: Capture Internet Leads, Create Quality Appointments, Close More Sales” by Chris Smith
- “Email Marketing Rules: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Best Practices That Power Email Marketing Success” by Chad White.
If you wanna pursue digital marketing right after graduation, you can easily do so by going for –
Post Graduation in Digital Marketing:
An MBA in digital marketing is a graduate-level program that focuses on the application of digital marketing concepts and strategies to drive business growth and achieve marketing objectives. It is designed for individuals who wish to specialize in digital marketing and gain the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in this field.
The curriculum of an MBA in digital marketing program typically includes courses such as marketing management, digital marketing strategy, search engine optimization, social media marketing, web analytics, e-commerce, mobile marketing, and content marketing. Students are also taught how to analyze market trends, consumer behaviour, and data analytics to make data-driven marketing decisions.
Institutions offering this course:
- Indian Institute of Digital Education, popularly known as IIDE is an institution providing an 11-month MBA in Digital Marketing programme. It is a reputed institution and has been recognized as an institute with the best placement rates. Wanna know more about their programme? Go check out MBA in Digital Marketing, you won’t regret it!
If you are looking to go for digital marketing and wanted to know more about what is included in the course, hope we could provide you with the digital marketing syllabus you were looking for.